Kamis, 27 Agustus 2015

50 Common Grammar Mistakes in English

Below are some of the most common English mistakes made by ESL students, in speech and in writing. Go through the examples and make sure you understand the corrections. Then try the grammar test at the end to check your progress.
  1. WrongI have visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
    RightI visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
  2. WrongThe woman which works here is from Japan.
    RightThe woman who works here is from Japan.
  3. WrongShe’s married with a dentist.
    RightShe’s married to a dentist.
  4. WrongShe was boring in the class.
    RightShe was bored in the class.
  5. WrongI must to call him immediately.
    RightI must call him immediately.
  6. WrongEvery students like the teacher.
    RightEvery student likes the teacher.
  7. WrongAlthough it was raining, but we had the picnic.
    RightAlthough it was raining, we had the picnic.
  8. WrongI enjoyed from the movie.
    RightI enjoyed the movie.
  9. WrongI look forward to meet you.
    RightI look forward to meeting you.
  10. WrongI like very much ice cream.
    RightI like ice cream very much.
  11. WrongShe can to drive.
    RightShe can drive.
  12. WrongWhere I can find a bank?
    RightWhere can I find a bank?
  13. WrongI live in United States.
    RightI live in the United States.
  14. WrongWhen I will arrive, I will call you.
    RightWhen I arrive, I will call you.
  15. WrongI’ve been here since three months.
    RightI’ve been here for three months.
  16. WrongMy boyfriend has got a new work.
    RightMy boyfriend has got a new job. (or just "has a new job")
  17. WrongShe doesn’t listen me.
    RightShe doesn’t listen to me.
  18. WrongYou speak English good.
    RightYou speak English well.
  19. WrongThe police is coming.
    RightThe police are coming.
  20. WrongThe house isn’t enough big.
    RightThe house isn’t big enough.
  21. WrongYou should not to smoke.
    RightYou should not smoke.
  22. WrongDo you like a glass of wine?
    RightWould you like a glass of wine?
  23. WrongThere is seven girls in the class.
    RightThere are seven girls in the class.
  24. WrongI didn’t meet nobody.
    RightI didn’t meet anybody.
  25. WrongMy flight departs in 5:00 am.
    RightMy flight departs at 5:00 am.
  26. WrongI promise I call you next week.
    RightI promise I’ll call you next week.
  27. WrongWhere is post office?
    RightWhere is the post office?
  28. WrongPlease explain me how improve my English.
    RightPlease explain to me how to improve my English.
  29. WrongWe studied during four hours.
    RightWe studied for four hours.
  30. WrongIs ready my passport?
    RightIs my passport ready?
  31. WrongYou cannot buy all what you like!
    RightYou cannot buy all that you like!
  32. WrongShe is success.
    RightShe is successful.
  33. WrongMy mother wanted that I be doctor.
    RightMy mother wanted me to be a doctor.
  34. WrongThe life is hard!
    RightLife is hard.
  35. WrongHow many childrens you have?
    RightHow many children do you have?
  36. WrongMy brother has 10 years.
    RightMy brother is 10 (years old).
  37. WrongI want eat now.
    RightI want to eat now.
  38. WrongYou are very nice, as your mother.
    RightYou are very nice, like your mother.
  39. WrongShe said me that she liked you.
    RightShe told me that she liked you.
  40. WrongMy husband engineer.
    RightMy husband is an engineer.
  41. WrongI came Australia to study English.
    RightI came to Australia to study English.
  42. WrongIt is more hot now.
    RightIt’s hotter now.
  43. WrongYou can give me an information?
    RightCan you give me some information?
  44. WrongThey cooked the dinner themself.
    RightThey cooked the dinner themselves.
  45. WrongMe and Johnny live here.
    RightJohnny and I live here.
  46. WrongI closed very quietly the door.
    RightI closed the door very quietly.
  47. WrongYou like dance with me?
    RightWould you like to dance with me?
  48. WrongI go always to school by subway.
    RightI always go to school by subway.
  49. WrongIf I will be in London, I will contact to you.
    RightIf I am in London, I will contact you.
  50. WrongWe drive usually to home.
    RightWe usually drive home.